Friday, August 27, 2010

Reviews

Once I begin dodging orange cones and racing against the clock in some nearby parking lot, I plan to come back here and post my thoughts and lessons learned hoping it helps others in their quest to become a part time racer. Sharing these experiences and passing on what best to do (or more likely not to do) in order to be become better Solo driver is my primary objective, but I plan to do a bit more if I can.

My guess is that most people who are drawn to racing, also love cars... driving them, working on them, talking about them, you name it. Since racing and a desire to win go hand in hand, it seems inevitable that owners will want to improve their cars performance whenever possible. Turning wheels and mashing throttles often goes hand in hand with turning wrenches and mashing thumbs. Well maybe more coordinated shade tree mechanics take better care of their thumbs, but you get the idea.

Long story short... I'm hoping to also do some performance product reviews as I upgrade my WRX. There are a lot of WRX/STI owners out there, and these cars are modified as much if not more than any other model. Maybe visitors who have no interest in participating in SCCA events will still benefit from feedback on a particular product they were interested in and I happened to be using myself. From time to time I may also discuss general topics or point readers to a link of interest.

If a particular vendor really stands out I may also do a brief write-up on my experiences with that company. Good deals and great service are what we all hope for, but it's not always easy to tell who's good from who's bad until after the purchase. If I find a product vendor that deserves to be highlighted, I'll be sure to let you all know.

To start things off; WRX/STI owners looking to learn more about their cars should read this terrific compilation of FAQs on NASIOC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Whatever I learn over the next year or so (either technical or anecdotal) I plan to share it here, so check back every so often. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment